This Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week was not only big on fashion but makeup too! I got to know about this amazing makeup brand from Amsterdam who have just launched in India, Ellis Faas!
I got a chance to personally meet Ellis Faas, the legendary lady behind the brand and have a one-on-one talk with her and get to know more about the brand, their ethics and the products. I was delighted to say the least. Before going to meet Ellis, I did my research and I was so impressed that the research lasted a good 4 hours! The products, the brands, the packaging, everything was elegance redefined.
Have a look at the pictures below that I saved from Ellis's website ELLIS FAAS
This armour like thing with long, sleek bullets you see, are nothing but products and little clips to hold them together. Now, that's brilliant!
When I personally got to see all these silver bullets linked through little clips that formed a big huge armour, it was a sight, I tell you!
Yes, that's Ellis! A charming confident lady proud of the Armour she created for women!
Now, I could go on and on about the brand and fill this post with so much text that you would take at least an hour to read but...I will sum it all up in a few points & trust me, it's a brand worth knowing about!!
- Ellis Faas is a make-up artist whom Vogue Paris has called "one of the most influential make-up artists of her generation".
- One of the catch phrases of the brand is "Only tested on Supermodels" which translates easily to "Not tested on animals" and that is one big brownie point for Ellis!
- Every product's formula has been tried and tested in the laboratory by none other than Ellis herself. She says that she likes to be involved in every little step of making of a product.
- She believes in creating and wearing makeup that suits the skin and looks like skin. Nothing artificial or veil-like.
- The most amazing thing about her brand is that EVERYTHING, except a powder compact, is liquid.
I will repeat it for you!
Every product is a liquid based product including foundation, lipstick, lip gloss, eye shadow, blush, concealer, everything!
- The brand has been divided broadly in 4 categories: (you can click at any of the category for more details)
~ Ellis Lips (Creamy Lips, Milky Lips, Glazed Lips)
~ Ellis Eyes (Creamy Eyes, Milky Eyes, Lights, Mascara, Eyeliner)
~ Ellis Skin (Foundation Pen, Foundation Bottle, Concealer, Compact Powder)
~ Ellis Holders (Ellis Holder, Ellis Clips)
- It's one of the few makeup brands who work on holders to make it easier for women to carry and arrange their makeup.
- The line of Ellis Faas is based on the colours that the body produces naturally. So the reds have the colour of blood, or the purples that of a bruise. There are no hot pinks in the collection, Ellis herself says so proudly that "you can try the new trendy colors from other brands but in my brand you'll find the basics and classics and they are so good, you will keep coming back for more!"
- The brand has launched in India online. They ship to India and there's no shipping cost!- The prices vary from Rs.1,400 to Rs.4,750. The little holder clips retail for Rs.140.
This holder is an all-in-one holder! In the middle, you can put your foundation pen, and few other products like blush, concealer, eye-shadow and lip products around it and on top you can fit your compact to close the whole thing together. Compact and easy to carry in your purse or when you are travelling.
The generous amount of goodies Ellis gifted me herself! Will be reviewing each one of them separately :)
P.S. - There is an amazing Halloween offer going on, so you can score some makeup at 15% off!
" With Halloween coming up, black really is the new black. And since three of our bestsellers are black, we are treating our ELLIS FAAS friends with a discount on their whole order if they do the trick of ordering any of these fabulous blacks:
* Creamy Eyes E103 - our lifting, firming, velvety, longwearing eyeshadow
* Mascara E401 - our luscious, creamy, lengthening mascara
* Eyeliner E501 - our intensely pigmented, liquid-to-powder eyeliner
When checking out, do not forget to use coupon code BLACK to get 15% off the whole order. And also keep in mind that you do not pay shipping to India! "