Last month, we attended a bloggers meet at Kiehl's Ambience Mall store where the lovely people of Kiehl's presented us with a challenge: Let us change your skin in 28 days! We were honestly intrigued and impressed with the products but you can't really tell if the product stands up to it's claims until and unless you try them out for a considerable amount of time now, can you? [Read about the Blogger's Meet and the Challenge HERE] We used few of Kiehl's best products for a month and we are here with the results!
The products we used were:
The products we used were:
1. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser - This cleanser is like no other cleanser that you have ever used. With a Vogue Award for Best Cleanser, Kiehl's pride themselves in claiming that it is a moisturizing cleanser with no alcohol in it and it contains a highly refined botanical oil derived from the olive, Squalane. It is similar in structure to natural skin oils and hence helps restore skin's natural moisture balance to keep skin healthy, extra soft and supple. [Price - Rs.1200]
Our Verdict: The Cleanser is a delight to use. It's soft, moisturizing and gentle on the skin while still cleaning the skin thoroughly. Skin feels refreshed and soothed after using this product and the best part is, it's going to last at least 6 months with 2 times use daily!!! If the calculation is correct, it costs Rs.200/- per month which is exactly what we used to spend on a drugstore cleanser every month. So the product is quite cost effective and ends up costing the same as before! And with better ingredients, quality and without alcohol. We are sold on this product and will definitely repurchase once we run out of it!
2. Kiehl's Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate - This serum is the brand's costliest product ever. It targets the more visible effects of skin ageing and reduces lines and wrinkles while improving overall skin texture and radiance. This is my favorite product from the brand and I swear, it works! My guarantee! [Price - Rs.4050]
Our Verdict: Oh! This is the best stuff! It's like a magic potion with Vitamin C goodness. It brightens, tightens and reduces lines overnight. No wonder it has won so many Vogue awards for being the best line-reducing product there is. Definitely repurchasing! And will get one for my mom as well!
3. Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate - This over-night skin repairing concentrate has won 21 International Awards!! As you must have read in my earlier Birthday Haul post, I bought it last month 'coz I loved it when I tried the sample from the store. Receiving this full-size complementary product again just replenished my stock and I couldn't be happier! It instantly penetrates the skin to replenish and restore younger-looking skin by morning. It works at night when skin is most receptive to repairing itself from daily aggressions. And if that was not enough, it is 99.8% natural, paraben-free and mineral oil free.
One of the skincare myths is that if your skin is oily, you don't need moisture. But it is totally not true. It is actually your skin's own way of asking that it needs more moisture and care by producing excess oil. So, you can use this product whether you have oily, dry or combination skin. [Price - Rs. 2990]
Our Verdict: This oil is like a midnight fuel to recharge and replenish the skin and make it truly a beauty sleep. Just a few drops do the trick and honestly, we can't get enough of it. We are now big fans of Kiehl's!
4. Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Toner - This toner is formulated with select herbal extracts to gently cleanse and soothe normal to oily skin types without the use of alcohol or harsh synthetic drying agents. It contains Calendula flower petals as well! [Price - Rs.2500]
Our Verdict: The toner is very gentle on the skin and makes it ready for the rest of the skin regime. It was a delight to use and it smelled lovely but we might not repurchase it as the cost does not do it justice. There are good toners available for half that price.
And now for the real deal, the Before-After picture:
You can clearly see the red bumps and patches on my skin in the Before picture. I had no makeup on when I got that picture clicked. In the After picture also, I am not wearing any makeup except a light sweep of blush.
The difference is clearly visible but still let's list them down below:
1. Skin was brightened and looked healthy from within.
2. Skin Tone evened out completely.
3. The red patches and bumps disappeared into thin air!
4. The facial lines were 50% reduced.
5. Dark circles cleared up at least 60%.
We absolutely are in awe with the results and would continue using the regime for years to come! We swear by all the products we tried and in combination, they work like magic! We had started noticing the difference in the first week only! We say, give the products a try and do not miss out on the Kiehl's Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate...it's the best out of all!!
Good Luck changing your skin!!